Blaming a woman for being raped is like blaming a man for being mugged.
- Why were you out at night by yourself? Where was your spouse or parent?
- You were asking for it, dressed like that, carrying your wallet in your back pocket.
- You weren’t injured. You must not have fought very hard, so you must have wanted to be mugged.
- You were drinking?! Well, no wonder.
- You were too drunk to recall the details? Well, then, how do you know you didn’t +give+ the mugger your wallet?
Rape is assault. Rape is a crime. Anyone can be raped, just as anyone can be mugged.